Home » Canada Immigration – Applications & Requirements – IBN Immigration


Canada is a popular emigration destination for many South Africans and aims to attracted highly skilled immigrants. Offering opportunities for both temporary and permanent immigration, Canada provides safety, security and a great standard of living. With multiple large cities to chose from (Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Vancouver), as well as countless quaint smaller destinations, the second largest country in the world spoils you with choice.  
Immigrate to Canada today.

Fun Facts:

  • Canada has the fourth lowest population density in the world.
  • English and French are the two official languages of Canada.
  • There are six time zones in Canada.
  • The average life expectancy in Canada is 81 years old.
  • Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is Queen of Canada and Head of State. The Prime Minister is the Head of Government.


South African passport holders need to apply for a visa to enter Canada. If you are moving to Canada for purposes such as work or study, the visa will be granted as part of the process of obtaining your work/study permit.  

The Express Entry system is a system through which various streams of permanent residence applications for Canada are managed. The process consists of two steps: submission of the Express Entry Profile, which is scored through a comprehensive points system on the basis of which an invitation to apply is issued. Thereafter the permanent residence application is submitted. The main program for permanent residency through Express Entry includes the Federal Skilled Workers Program for skilled professionals.

IBN can assist you and your employer in obtaining a temporary employment permit and visa, including assistance with the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), if required.  In parallel, IBN can assist in preparing your permanent residence application if you are eligible.  

Canada offers a route to live, work and obtain permanent residence to entrepreneurs and business owners, to start a successful business in Canada. On the basis of an innovative business idea, a letter of support must be obtained from a designated organization in Canada, whereafter a temporary work permit can be obtained whilst the permanent residence application is being processed. IBN works together with designated organizations to assist you in obtaining the letter of support.  


A work permit can be obtained on the basis of an Intra Company Transfer and the employer may be exempted from the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). Positions that can qualify for the Intra Company transfer include senior managers and persons of specialized knowledge, including for the purpose of establishing a new branch / subsidiary.  

Yes, IBN provides assistance in obtaining a study visa and permit, after you have been accepted into a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). The study permit in most cases allows for part-time work during the term and full-time work during holidays. Graduating from a Canadian institution will provide key benefits for long-term immigration, permanent residence, and citizenship.  

Dependent children (up to the age of 22), spouses and common-law partners may accompany the main applicant. The spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student may be eligible to obtain an open work permit, allowing them to accept a job with any employer.  

Canada recognises same-sex marriages through a federal gender-neutral definition of marriage introduced in 2005. Common-law partners are recognised as partners in a relationship involving cohabitation of at least 1 year.  

We provide a full range of immigration services for Canada. With our professional and trusted network of partners, we have the pulse on policy issues and the practical reality, which governs immigration rules & regulations. 


We will first do a consultation, on which permit/route would be the correct one for you. We advise on the required documentation and compile the complete application on your behalf. We will help you save time gathering the required documents to finalize your application. 


Together with our expert partners located in Canada, we offer assistance both in South Africa and in Canada 


Go to Top