Home » Immigration to South Africa » ICT Work Visa South Africa

Submit for your Intra-Company Transfer Visa in South Africa, here:

The Intra-Company Transfer Visa is a work visa that allows a staff member to transfer from an overseas company to a branch, subsidiary or affiliated business operating within South Africa. The employee must have been employed with the company for at least six months and should provide evidence of the fact. You must submit for this visa from outside South Africa, in your country of residence or origin.

Please note that to qualify for an ICT Visa, the company must submit a Transfer of Skills Plan, detailing how they plan to transfer skills to a South African national or permanent resident

Submit for an Intra-Company Transfer Visa in South Africa – contact our immigration specialists today



You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week on the Study Visa and you do not need a special permit to do so.

No, if you enter South Africa to do any time of work you must have an appropriate work visa. In this case, you would apply for a section 11(2) visa which is typically designed for punctual short work missions. What is considered as “work” is any activity, remunerated or not, which is in line with the usual activities performed in your work environment abroad.

You can start your own business – or purchase an existing business – but for this you will need to obtain a Business Visa and it is issued initially for 3 years and is renewable.

One can submit for permanent residence permission based on the following categories:

  • Based on financial independence: One must prove a minimum net worth (assets worldwide) in excess of ZAR 12million. If granted, note that there is a “success fee” of ZAR 120,000.00 payable to DHA (Home Affairs).
  • Based on retirement: One would need to prove a monthly income of ZAR 37,000.00 derived from assets (in RSA or abroad).
  • Based on work: For anyone who has been holder of a work permit (ICT doesn’t qualify) for 5 years consecutively and who has received a permanent offer of employment.

It can take anything between 12 to 18 months and HA in Pretoria adjudicates the permanent residence permit.

Your permanent residence will for example lapse if you leave the country for longer than 3 years consecutively.

The Adjusted Critical Skills List in South Africa

The Department of Home Affairs has published an update to the Critical Skills List, effective 2 August 2022 (note that a version published on 1 August 2022 was missing page 20). Corrections and minor changes are included, as well as substantial and welcome changes in the medical field.

Go to Top