United Kingdom Secondment Worker Visa

We service application and compliance quality checking for a United Kingdom Secondment Worker Visa

Free Case Assessment
5 Star Google Rating

Application for a United Kingdom Secondment Worker Visa

The secondment worker visa allows your employer from outside the UK to transfer you to the UK to do an eligible job for a different organisation, provided your employer and the UK organisation have a high-value contract.

To apply for a UK secondment worker visa, you must meet the following requirements

  • You must be employed by an overseas organisation with a high-value contract with your United Kingdom sponsor. The Home Office must approve the contract.
  • You must have worked for your overseas employer for at least 12 months outside the UK.
  • You must have a certificate of sponsorship from your sponsor that includes information about the work you will do in the UK.
  • You must do a job in the UK that’s on the list of eligible occupations.

United Kingdom Secondment Worker Visa Requirements, Forms & Documentation

To apply for a UK secondment worker visa, you must supply the following forms and documentation

  • Your certificate of sponsorship’s reference number
  • A valid passport or any other document that proves your identity and nationality
  • Your job title and annual salary
  • Your job’s occupation code
  • Your employer’s name and their sponsor licence number
  • Proof you have sufficient funds to support yourself in the United Kingdom
  • Your tuberculosis test results, if applicable

You might also need to provide the following

  • Evidence you’ve worked for your employer outside the UK
  • A valid ATAS certificate, if necessary
  • Proof you’ve worked for the company outside of the UK for the past 12 months

How to Apply for a United Kingdom Secondment Worker Visa

You must apply for the visa online.

The precise steps depend on whether you’re

  • Outside the UK and coming to the country
  • Inside the UK and extending your current visa
  • Inside the UK and switching visas

You can add your partner and children to the application if they are eligible

Frequently Asked Questions

You can stay on a UK secondment worker visa for either one year or the time given on your sponsorship certificate plus 14 days.

After that, you can apply for a visa extension.
The maximum time you can stay in the United Kingdom is two years.

Related Posts

Upcoming Changes to UK Immigration

Upcoming Changes to UK Immigration

The Home Office has published its annual Spring Statement of Changes to immigration rules, highlighting key updates that HR and hiring teams should be aware of. IBN Immigration Solutions has serviced many visa requests to the UK. We are ready to assist you with any needs or queries you may have.

Read More
Consider Studying in the UK

Consider Studying in the UK

The UK is well-known for its high standard of tertiary education, priding itself on strict standards of quality learning. A major benefit of studying in the UK are the opportunities afforded to you after you study. By studying in the UK, students qualify to pursue immigration and citizenship in the country.

Read More
Scale-Up and Immigrate to the UK

Scale-Up and Immigrate to the UK

With a new visa being added to the UK, skilled applicants have even more chances to work in the UK, and bring their families with them in the process!

Read More