There is no distinction between a tourist and a business visa in Botswana. Business professionals attending conferences, seminars, conventions, and training courses are welcome to apply for a business/tourist visa. As are those who must be in the country to settle estates or negotiate contracts in person. People who want to see the sights or visit friends and family can apply for a Botswanan tourist/business visa.
Note: You are not allowed to conduct business activities on this visa.
The purpose for which you enter Botswana (travel, negotiations, conference, etc.) is recorded on your visa by a Botswana Immigration official from the Ministry of Labour and Home Affairs. The Botswana Immigration officer will determine if you meet the conditions and requirements of the visa before granting approval and entry.
Note: You must keep to the conditions specified for your stay.
Travellers from visa-exempt countries may enter Botswana without prior arrangement. However, they must procure and complete certain documents before they travel. Once at their port of entry, they must inform the Botswana immigration officer of their visa-exempt status and provide the completed documentation.
This Botswanan visa is valid for up to 90 days per calendar year.
Travellers from non-visa-exempt countries must apply for a Botswana tourist visa at the Botswanan embassy or mission in their home country or country of residence. Alternatively, non-visa-exempt foreign nationals can apply for an entry visa through Botswana Immigration authorities.
This Botswanan visa is valid for one month. You may be able to arrange for an extension if you can prove that the reason is justified.
Botswana Tourist/Business Visa Requirements, Forms & Documentation
In addition to the application form, you must provide the following documents when you apply for a tourist/business visa.
- Certified copies of the first two pages of your passport. Your passport must still be valid for at least six more months.
- Two recent colour passport-size photographs.
- A cover letter indicating reasons for the visit.
- A flight itinerary with accommodation bookings or the residential address where you will stay while in Botswana.
- If required, a re-entry permit to your home country or country of residence.
- Your trip itinerary.
- Your intent to depart Botswana.
Tourist/Business Visa Costs
The costs depend on whether you’re applying for a single-entry or multiple-entry visa.
- A single-entry visa, valid for up to one month, costs 550R.
- A multi-entry visa, valid for up to five years, costs 900R.
Contact IBN Immigration solutions, and we’ll assign a specialist in Botswanan visas to oversee your application. Your immigration specialist will provide you with an estimate of all related costs and fees so you can properly prepare for your trip.
How to Apply for a Tourist/Business Visa
Your Botswana visa specialist will help you through the application process, so you don’t have to figure it out independently.
You’ll need to go to any immigration office, Botswanan embassy, or consulate to complete and submit your visa application in person.
- Submit the required documents with the application form.
- Wait for seven working days and then check on your application’s progress.
- You’ll get either an approval or rejection letter.
- Approved applications are printed at the office where you submitted your application.
If the visa isn’t printed, you can travel with the approval letter as proof of your permission to enter Botswana. Your visa will be printed at your port of entry.