United Kingdom Graduate Trainee Visa

We service application and compliance quality checking for a United Kingdom Graduate Trainee Visa

Free Case Assessment
5 Star Google Rating

Application for a United Kingdom Graduate Trainee Visa

A graduate trainee visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to work for your employer in their UK branch.

You must be part of a graduate training programme for a managerial or specialist role.

United Kingdom Graduate Trainee Visa Requirements, Forms & Documentation

To apply for a graduate trainee visa, you must meet the following requirements

  • You must be an existing employee of an organisation approved by the Home Office as a sponsor.
  • You must have worked for your sponsor outside the UK for at least three months immediately before you apply.
  • You must have a certificate of sponsorship from your employer with information about your work in the United Kingdom.
  • You must do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • You must be paid at least £23,100 per year

You must supply the following forms and documents

  • Your sponsorship certificate reference number
  • A valid passport or any other document that shows your identity and nationality
  • Your job title and annual salary
  • Your job’s occupation code
  • Your employer’s name and their sponsor licence number
  • Evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country

You might also need to provide the following

  • Details of your training programme
  • A valid ATAS certificate if your employer tells you that you need one

How to Apply for a United Kingdom Graduate Trainee Visa

  1. You must apply for a graduate trainee visa online.
  2. You can only apply for the visa outside of the UK.
  3. During the application process, you must prove your identity.
  4. Go to a visa application centre and have your fingerprints and photograph taken.
  5. If your partner and children are accompanying you, they must apply separately.

Frequently Asked Questions

You can stay for one year or the time stated on your sponsorship certificate plus 14 days.

After this period, you’re allowed to apply for a visa extension.

Related Posts

Upcoming Changes to UK Immigration

Upcoming Changes to UK Immigration

The Home Office has published its annual Spring Statement of Changes to immigration rules, highlighting key updates that HR and hiring teams should be aware of. IBN Immigration Solutions has serviced many visa requests to the UK. We are ready to assist you with any needs or queries you may have.

Read More
Consider Studying in the UK

Consider Studying in the UK

The UK is well-known for its high standard of tertiary education, priding itself on strict standards of quality learning. A major benefit of studying in the UK are the opportunities afforded to you after you study. By studying in the UK, students qualify to pursue immigration and citizenship in the country.

Read More
Scale-Up and Immigrate to the UK

Scale-Up and Immigrate to the UK

With a new visa being added to the UK, skilled applicants have even more chances to work in the UK, and bring their families with them in the process!

Read More