All visitors to Ghana must obtain the appropriate visas from a Ghanaian Consulate abroad. In some instances, you might be able to get a visa on arrival to Ghana unless you are otherwise exempt from obtaining visas.
Your Ghanaian immigration consultant will explain the requirements that apply to you. They can also help you procure the necessary forms and documents to process your Ghanaian visa application.
You must get a work permit before entering Ghana if your purpose is to work there.
Applications are submitted in Ghana to the Comptroller General of Immigration. One of the requirements is that you need a local company to sponsor your immigration application.
You can travel to Ghana once the work permit is granted and you have a letter of approval from the Ghanaian government. Then your work permit comes into effect.
A medical examination by the GIS is mandatory in Ghana. This is one of the requirements that has been extended to all types of Ghanaian immigration permits, including renewals.
Ghana Work Permit Forms and Documents
- An application letter from the host company
- An employment contract or assignment letter
- Educational and professional certificates and resume
- The company’s business registration documentation
- Evidence of attempts to recruit a Ghanaian citizen for the position
- A police clearance certificate from your country of origin. The certificate must not be more than a year old.
- A medical report that is not more than two years old
- A tax clearance certificate from the employer
- A letter of support from a government agency (if applicable) and a bio data page of your passport
- A completed statuto