Work permit applications in Namibia often have extended processing times, so we encourage you to begin the application process as soon as possible. You don’t want your employment start date to come and go because there were unexpected delays in processing your Namibia permit application.
Your Namibian immigration consultant will guide you through the process every step of the way. So, you can be confident that you haven’t forgotten any necessary documents, forms, or fees somewhere along the way.
Here’s how to apply for a Long-Term Work Visa in Namibia:
- Establish a Need for a Non-Namibian Employee if your company requires the services of a foreign national, you must first demonstrate that you were unable to find a suitable Namibian candidate for the position.
This can be achieved by completing these steps:
- Advertising the job opening in three Namibian newspapers.
- The job advertisement must run for a minimum of 14 days
- Obtaining a confirmation letter from the Ministry of Labour. The letter will confirm the non-availability of the Namibian candidates who possess the necessary qualifications and experience to fill the position.
- Obtain supporting documents
- Medical and radiological reports – both must be signed in black ink and stamped with the medical practitioner’s official stamp (i.e., the medical certificate by the General Practitioner conducting the exam and the radiological report by the radiologist). It is important to note that the original medical certificate and radiological report should not be older than 6 months at the time of submission.
- An original Namibian Police Clearance Certificate is required, which our team can assist in obtaining. All supporting letters must be addressed to The Executive Director, Ministry of Home Affairs, Immigration, Safety and Security, Corner of Hosea Kutako Drive and Harvey Street, Erf: 6971, Windhoek North, Private Bag 13200, Windhoek, Namibia.
The following original documents are required for the submission and must be couriered to our offices:
- 2 clear color passport photos of the applicant
- Original Police Clearance Certificate from the applicant’s country of origin
- Medical Report
- Radiological Report
- Original company social security certificate, including a comprehensive list of names of all employees
- Original of the company’s Inland Revenue Certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s employment contract, signed by both the employee and employer
- Two or more reference letters from previous employers in line with the applicant’s intended duties in Namibia
- We review all documents and compile the application (The Application Pack is Quality Checked by our Namibian Immigration Consultants).
- Our Namibian team submits the applicants (In Namibia, not in the applicant’s country of origin) and tracks the application.